Vasileios (Vasilis) Giotsas is a research engineer focusing on network measurements and telemetry, the risk assessment and mitigation of topological and macroscopic vulnerabilities of critical Internet infrastructures, and the analysis of Internet routing policies and performance.
He has a position of a lecturer (assistant professor) at the Computer and Communications department of Lancaster University, and has worked as a research scientist at the Internet Measurement and Analysis group of Technischen Universität Berlin, and as postdoctoral researcher at CAIDA (Center of Advanced Internet Data Analysis) at the University of California San Diego. He has contributed in multiple mission-critical research projects funded by the UK National Cyber Security Center (NCSC), the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR).
His work has been distinguished with the CoNEXT 2015 best paper award, and the IETF Applied Networking Research Prize 2016.
His datasets have been shortlisted in 2013 and 2014 for the ACM SIGCOMM Community Contribution Award. He was the recipient of two RIPE NCC Community Projects funds and two RIPE NCC fellowships.
Internet Measurement, Network Privacy
2021The Ties that un-Bind: Decoupling IP from web services and sockets for robust addressing agility at CDN-scale
- Helping build a safer Internet by measuring BGP RPKI Route Origin Validation
- How we detect route leaks and our new Cloudflare Radar route leak service
- Wie wir Route-Leaks erkennen und unser neuer Cloudflare Radar-Dienst für Route-Leaks
- La manière dont nous détections les fuites de routage et notre nouveau service de routage Cloudflare Radar
- ルートリークの検出方法と新しいCloudflare Radarルートリークサービス
- Como detectamos vazamentos de rota e o novo serviço de vazamento de rota do Radar da Cloudflare
- 我们的路由泄漏检测方法和我们新推出的 Cloudflare Radar 路由泄漏服务
- 我們如何偵測路由洩露以及全新的 Cloudflare Radar 路由洩露服務
- Cómo detectamos las filtraciones de ruta y nuestro nuevo servicio de filtraciones de ruta de Cloudflare Radar
- “Look, Ma, no probes!” — Characterizing CDNs’ latencies with passive measurement
- Unboxing the Last Mile: Introducing Last Mile Insights