Tara Whalen is Privacy Research Engineering Lead at Cloudflare. She previously worked as a Privacy Engineer at Google and Apple, and as an IT Research Analyst at the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. Tara obtained a Master of Laws (with a Concentration in Law and Technology) and conducted post-doctoral research in computer security after receiving a PhD in computer science. Tara’s professional experience in the information security and privacy fields includes roles in research labs, academia, federal government institutions, and the private sector.
Her research interests include usable security and privacy, as well as technology policy. She also contributes to Internet standards, as a member of ICANN’s Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC) and having chaired the W3C’s Privacy Interest Group (PING).
Privacy, Usable security and privacy, Authentication
- Research Directions in Password Security
- Mehr Geräte, weniger CAPTCHAs, größere Nutzerzufriedenheit
- More devices, fewer CAPTCHAs, happier users
- 支持更多设备、进一步减少 CAPTCHA、用户更愉快
- Plus d’appareils, moins de CAPTCHA, des utilisateurs plus satisfaits